Wednesday 6 November 2013

Cats and coffee

I don't own a cat and I don't drink coffee, but don't let that spoil your enjoyment of today's blatherings:

A bad start to the day

I woke up this morning and tumbled from bed
I misjudged the cupboard and bumped my poor head
I tripped on the carpet and stubbed my big toe
It’s truthful to say that my mood was quite low.

The kitchen was dark and the air thick with silence
til I flicked on the light, and my eyes met with violence
for there sat the cat, head held high in the air,
its fat rear wedged tight in my cafetiere!

My morning thenceforth involved yanking and hissing
but I won’t have a cat’s bum cause me to go missing
the tiniest drop of my first cup of coffee.
But as I sit sipping, my throat has gone frothy…

I think that the cat had a trick up his paw
for I’m rendered unable to take a gulp more
as out of my mouth winds a long strand of fur
and that nasty old feline has started to purr.



© Catherine Lucie, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment